- DS Solidworks has released Solidworks for Makers, a suite of programs (Apps) for the non-commercial makers, hobbyists and home renovators who want professional tools for their personal projects.
Anyone who uses SOLIDWORKS (and other professional CAD programs) knows the benefits of accessing these tools when doing personal projects.
But not everyone has the ability to be able to simply access SOLIDWORKS, especially not at a low cost ..... until now!
Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS recognised that, and has now released 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers at a cost of $99.00USD (+tax) per year.
What do you get for that :
1) Because not only do you get SOLIDWORKS Professional – (SOLIDWORKS Connected via the 3DEXERIENCE platform with PDM cloud storage. SOLIDWORKS Connected is the same SOLIDWORKS that you've used for years in terms of its functionality, capabilities, etc. The key differences are that it uses the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform servers for license authentication and data management. It requires a local install on your computer's hard drive and it requires an internet connection in order to start up and authenticate your license.
2) You also get SOLIDWORKS Visualize (again via the platform) for making realistic renderings
3) 3D Creator (xDesign): xDesign is an app, very similar to SOLIDWORKS in core functionality, that runs on the Dassault cloud servers and does NOT require a local install. You can run it on a Windows PC, a Mac, a Linux box, your Android phone, your Amazon Fire tablet, etc. link to an intro film
4) 3D Sculptor (xShape): is a 3D design solution on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform. It helps you create organic surfaces easily using subdivision (Sub-D) modeling technology : link to an intro film
So there must be a catch ...
Yes, a couple of very minor ones! 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers is meant for personal projects and therefore, non-commercial use.
But DS SOLIDWORKS does allow you to sell items and make for a profit up to (and not exceeding) $2,000USD a year.
The one catch is that, because there is an install of 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS required on your computer, you cannot have it on the same computer as one that has the same version of SOLIDWORKS on it! But you can install a later version of Makers compared to your commercial version.
The last issue is that, currently it is only available for the following countries: Algeria, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. With more countries to be added soon.
How do you know if your PC at home is powerfull enough to install and use Makers?
DS SolidWorks has made a tool for that. You can do an eligibility test by first downloading an installer via the following link to download and then run that CloudEligibility.exe to let it detect what your system can do.
So it's a great deal ....
We can make that $99 dollar deal even better. I can get you 20% off that cost $79.20USD (+tax) as a SolidWorks User Group Leader.
What do you need to get this great deal ... just select this link to buy .
(If you don't have a 3DEXPERIENCE account yet, then you have to register first before you can login.)